Looking for the perfect tune to play while cutting the cake?
Here are our top 10 most requested cake cutting songs with plenty of sugary-sweet songs to choose from.
The tradition of the cutting of the wedding cake is one of the last formalities at a wedding reception, and signals not only dessert but that it’s time to get the party started! So it’s only fitting that the song chosen for this moment should be about love (sweet love).
From the upbeat tunes of the Archies’ Sugar, Sugar to the cruisy tones of Michael Buble’sHow Sweet It Is, you’ll find plenty of tunes in our list all around the words sugar, honey and sweet. But if you’re after something a little different, Jack Johnson’s Better Together and Frank Sinatra’s The Way You Look Tonight bring some romance to the room while stepping away from the clichéd cake lyrics.
Here are our top 10 picks for the best cake cutting song :
- Maroon 5 – Sugar.
- James Taylor – How sweet it is (to be loved by you).
- Archies – Sugar, Sugar.
- Four Tops – I can’t help myself ( Sugar pie, honey bunch).
- Natalie Cole – This will be ( an ever lasting love).
- Queen – You’re my best friend.
- Nat King Cole- L.O.V.E.
- Ray Lamontagne – You are the best thing.
- Beyonce – Love on top.
- Michael Buble – Everything.