There’s no doubt that the music of the 1980s continues to be one of the most popular genres played at events and is always requested in our event playlists.
Permed hair, shoulder pads and walkmans – there’s no doubt that the 1980s was pop’s golden era. The catchy tunes and emergence of dance music takes us on a journey of the best pop songs from “I wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)”to the karaoke favourite “Don’t Stop Believin”.
Perhaps it’s the ability of the 1980s music to appeal to multiple generations, but we can guarantee that any of the top 20 most requested songs from the 1980s below will be sure to get the party started and your dancefloor pumping!
- B-52’s – Love shack.
- Whitney Houston – I wanna dance with somebody.
- Kenny Loggins – Footloose.
- Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a prayer.
- Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Come on Eileen.
- Wham – Wake me up before you go go.
- The Proclaimers – 500 Miles.
- Queen – Don’t stop me now.
- AC/DC – You shook me all night long.
- Toto – Africa.
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean.
- Cyndi Lauper – Girls just want to have fun.
- Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes – I’ve had the time of my life.
- Rick Springfield – Jessie’s girl.
- Young M.C – Bust a move.
- Salt n’ Pepa – Push it.
- Daryl Braithwaite – The Horses.
- John Farnham – You’re the voice.
- Katrina and the Waves – Walking on Sunshine.
- Journey – Don’t stop believin’.